Friday, July 18, 2014

Cute Is What They Aimed For

They're back alright! (though if you didn't know that I don't know- Nevermind.) Anyway! Yes, this wonderful epitome of Pop Punk is back. Shaant Hacikyan has come full circle and is back on the music scene.

As most of you know, he is from my home, New York, though he is specifically from Buffalo.

Some of you may be wondering who they are. Well, in the off chance you have forgotten, they are the wonders who wrote none other than the hit Curse Of Curves.

Signed in fall of 2005 with Fueled By Ramen, the band was an almost instant hit with listeners everywhere, even after they parted ways with their label in April of 2009 after the release of Rotation in 2008.

However, I do commend Shaant to his reaction to reality. Rather than throwing a temper tantrum and going truly off the handle, he checked himself into rehab in October of 2009.

I had the privilege of seeing CIWWAF's set at the Wantagh date of Warped tour. Shaant was lively, and just as good as ever. Their set was by far one of the most enjoyable, speaking words of passion for music and life, encouraging musicians and anyone with a passion to pursue it. Thank goodness.

The problem with most bands is a loss for the care they once held for their hands, but I can confirm that is not the case here.
In an interview, he recently said "You can be that far down, but you can pick yourself back up. I want to make an impact. For a while I was scared to say that. I want to do to those who listen to the music I make what they have done for me, which is keep me alive. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that for anybody but it's my hope, and it's a big hope." 

Bands like this encourage listeners to keep supporting them. I leave below links to their website, facebook, and a top 5 of their songs.

Stay Wicked my lovelies, 

-Celeste



Facebook
Official website (With gnarly summer samples!)

Top songs:
Practice Makes Perfect
Loser
Newport Living
Curse of Curves
Lyrical Lies

Also definitely check out their latest single
A Closed My Mind WITH an Open Mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Let me know in the comments!